Think about this, children learn about colours, shapes, letters, words, spelling and much more all through their eyes. Vision and learning are strongly linked, meaning if a child is suffering from a vision problem this can have a major impact on that child's ability to learn.
Check out 5 Signs Your Child Needs Their Vision Checked
There are other behaviours which can be an indicator that there is a vision problem, including:
- not listening to instructions
- finds working independently a challenge
- gets frustrated or agitated easily
- refuses to read or do homework
- is loud and disruptive towards other students
- is unable to play or do homework quietly
- does not perform to their potential or has a lack of motivation
The thing with children is, if they have a vision issue they may not know that they could be seeing more clearly and as such they just adjust to the vision that they have! The responsibility falls on to the parent, caregiver, teacher, grandparents, friend to pick up on the vital clues that could indicate a potential vision problem. If you experience any signs or behaviours above and would like and professional opinion, make and appointment.